Why Trust Us:
There are great picks of blades for you, that are chosen after deep analysis. Buy one of those and save yourself a lot of hassle.
These are pretty good blades. Overall, they do a good job with little tear-out. You will love how simple the blade swaps are.
Those are of standard excellent build quality from Bosch. You don’t need to adjust if your choose this one as the Perfect selection. This is a good selection of tough blades that will keep you cutting for a long time.
Top 4 Best Jigsaw Blades at a Glance
- Best Jigsaw blade set for Metal – BLACK+DECKER Jigsaw Blades Set
- Best jigsaw blade set for Wood – DEWALT Jigsaw Blades Set
- Best for Money- BOSCH T-Shank Multi-Purpose Jigsaw Blades
- Best for Plexiglass-BOSCH T102BF Plexiglas Bi-Metal Jig Saw Blades
Best jigsaw blades for plywood & hardwood: Our Top Picks
There we have chosen the top 6 blades that fit and work very well. They are strong and they have met all the challenges thus far. They are durable and hold a good edge. These blades work, effortlessly, for literally, hundreds of cuts. So here we go:
BLACK+DECKER 75-626 Assorted Jigsaw Blades Set, Wood and Metal, -Best overall
We keep these black & decker jigsaw blades set in our first place for their superior quality and performance at a very affordable price. This blade is capable enough for cutting almost all types of materials. This is a great metal cutting jigsaw blades set. Also, these blades are very suitable for materials like wood, plywood, plastic, laminate, hardwood, aluminum, etc. Blades work fine. Just be careful. Short of it all, check to make sure it is a complete set when it arrives.
Keeping a sharp blade on the jigsaw is essential to ensure proper operation and that the saw doesn’t bid and abruptly stop or move. Those are the Great blades and they are nice and strong not flimsy like some other cheap ones. They have an exclusive selection of blades which are really helpful.
You will accumulate several unused blades for metal if you normally work with wood and vice versa. A good, usable assortment of jigsaw blades. They have TPI ratings, which might mean “teeth per inch. They are capable of except metal over 1/2” thick. The scroll blades work nicely and the thin metal blades produce a clean cut.
There might be better rip blades on the market, but the ones in this set work well enough. Overall this is a good set for anyone who uses these for light-duty or infrequent non-contractor grade use. All the new saber saws have a different connector set up. While they have slightly different ends than the blade that came with the attachment, they work fine with it.
They are very useful in cutting many 3/4-inch pine boards with good accuracy. They are made with hard metals that last and perform well.
Both metal and wood cutting blades are included in this 24-blade set. As with all Jig Blades, they don’t last forever but you can easily get multiple jobs done with one set if you know what you’re doing.
They easily pay for themselves if you use them for work. Perfect set of jigsaw blades. These blades are pretty short for working with 2×4 lumber.
[i2pc][i2pros]• Ok for light use,
• bends pretty easy
• hold up and don’t break
• Has a different style end – the end that fits into the saw’s blade holder?
• Blade stays in the saw and doesn’t jump off the roller guide.
• They last much longer with good value[/i2pros][i2cons]• You may need to install hardy board siding and trim as part of a total remodel.
• Slow and dusty[/i2cons][/i2pc]
DEWALT Jigsaw Blades Set with Case, T-Shank, 14-Piece (DW3742C)-Best for plywood
This DW3742C DeWalt jigsaw blades set is in the first place in the Amazon jigsaw blade bestseller list for a number of reasons. Dewalt is a reliable name in the tool industry and this jigsaw blade set keeps that promise equally.
This DeWalt t shank jigsaw blades set consists of 14 blades. If you are going to work on a variety of projects, this is the perfect jigsaw blade set for you. There are 5 types of TPI(teeth per inch) blades in this set. Among the 5 types of TPI blades, (6, 10, 12) models are 4 inches long, and (18, 32) models are 3 inches long.
These blades work equally great with both wood and metal. The blades with big teeth are perfect for a fine finish and the blades with small teeth are suitable for fast cutting. There are 7 types of blades in this set which ensures the variety of work you can do with this blade.
These blades are capable of cutting a variety of materials like plywood, wood, plastic, metal, etc. Also, this DeWalt jigsaw blade set comes with a beautiful case that helps to organize the blades and to keep them safe.
The only big issue is sometimes these blades may bend while working. But that is a rare scenario and overall these blades work nice.
[i2pc][i2pros]• Variety of application
• Work equality great for metal and wood
• Durable, reliable, great quality
• Fast cutting with smooth finish[/i2pros][i2cons]• Only sometimes may bend[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Bosch T30W 30-Piece Woodworking Jigsaw Set
Bosch always makes some are the best jigsaw blades. These blades cut smooth and straight through various types of wood. shank jigsaw blades are typically thin and are prone to stray off course under load from dense wood or when they heat up from use because they are thin and flexible leaving you with cuts that aren’t straight and aren’t vertical.
You can rely on these blades; they don’t dull quickly because they don’t get very hot when cutting. The adhesive seal is peeled back. You can try those Nice set of jigsaw blades.
You will love the Bosch jigsaw blades because of their quality and the quality of the cut. They are quality Bosch components. It has a great value pack indeed. It seems the Great kit of additional blades at a good price. They advertise the jigsaw blades under the Bosch brand, BUT the product is a replica of bosch. Such quality comes with a price. These blades are great,
[i2pc][i2pros]• Great product performed as advertised.
• Blades are robust and very sharp.
• Every blade and more all neatly tucked inside a container.
• cut smooth and clean.
• Sturdy and sharp blades which[/i2pros][i2cons]• The only objection is the number of different blades and determining which one to use.
• Just need a better container.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Hitachi 725397 4-Inch 6 TPI Jig Saw Blades for Fiber Cement Siding
These Hitachi jigsaw blades do the job of cutting Hardie plank/board siding really well. You can use them for the siding on sheds. The blade produces a low dust output. You will still need to wear a mask and follow all of the Hardie safety recommendations. Those Work well on 1/2-inch Hardie backers. They cut very fast and stay sharp. It Would be best to have someone holding a shop vac close by to remove the dust.
These blades are awesome for fiber cement siding, especially for small cuts and curved cuts. They produce much less dust than the circular blades, and more importantly, the dust isn’t blasted around like with the blade. Any other kind of blade (e.g. for wood) would die after just a couple of feet of this kind of cutting. For long straight cuts, it’s better to use fiber-cement shears, which produce no dust. These blades are great for cutting through the plaster.
Great blades for cutting holes into Hardie board panel. Drilled starter holes with a masonry bit, then switch to these jigsaw blades. Total time, about 20 minutes, including setting up the ladder, cutting the holes, attaching the vent covers, and caulking the seams. The 3 packs of blades seem a little expensive, but they are designed precisely to cut this product. Cutting hard plank is a big deal in terms of keeping the dust down. Getting the right circular saw blade is very expensive, and there is a lot of dust.
When it comes to working with fiber cement, there just aren’t a lot of options for cutting this material. And when it’s time to cut arcs or notches around windows, doors, etc. the playing field narrows even more.
They’re fast, clean, and durable. This blade works as expected. It is a bit of a rough cut on hard-board but it does the job. You can use an angle square for getting no kickback. They come three to a pack and you can use these blades to cut the lap siding to fit around the windows and to fine-tune the lap siding.
You get plenty of cuts per blade but if you have a large amount of trim to cut, buy more than 1 pack. You won’t be disappointed. You can use Just one blade to finish several cutouts. If you plan to cut fiber cement siding you absolutely need one of these blades.
Use these extensively in renovations of older homes with plaster walls. They make a nice clean cut through plaster and lathe and last a long time. A typical blade will only cut about 18″ before the teeth are gone. So far these Hitachi blades are up to the task.
[i2pc][i2pros]• Clean cut.
• Narrow enough for cutting curves and circles, more durable
• Half of all the wall area is Hardbacked.
• This blade is invaluable for any homeowner with cement board siding or contractor.
• allows you to cut cement siding
• It allows you to make precise cuts for light fixtures new work or existing structures.
• Blades have carbide tips braised on[/i2pros][i2cons]• You may need to install hardy board siding and trim as part of a total remodel.
• Slow and dusty[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Bosch 10-Piece Assorted T-Shank Jig Saw Blades Set T5002-Best T shank jigsaw blades
It does a better job than standard jigsaw blades when cutting laminates, leaving a cleaner edge. This is an excellent blade the thin one is good for going around the corner. It eats up 12mm thick laminate day and night. Even the narrow blade for tight cuts gives an excellent long cut with only very minor damage to the veneer edge.
You can do several full house refurb projects with these blades. It works as expected. You can get a very good clean cut (with Makita Jigsaw). It is definitely easy to cut all the shapes, especially near the doors, door frames with Excellent quality. blades are brilliant with a very clean cut.
Blades fit and work well in Bosch PST 700 E. This is a really nice set with useful guides for each blade purpose so you won’t need to guess what each one of them is for. To open it just slide the lead down and bend the top part for easy blade removal.
[i2pc][i2pros]• Brilliant for cutting laminate
• Bosch quality,
• well on cutting board for kitchen cabinets.
• Good price[/i2pros][i2cons]• The chips are smaller than other blades
• Met lots of tiles trimmed to size.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Bosch T102BF 3-Piece 2-5/8 In. 13 TPI Clean Bi-Metal Jig Saw Blades-Best for plexiglass
These blades are really best for materials like plexiglass and fiberglass. These blades are one of the best for cutting acrylic. Does Quickly, cleanly slice through high-density foam expansion joint material an inch thick. The knife blade cuts like butter. Been using wood/metal blades along with high teeth seems to be its foam after all. And it gives a very clean edge.
You still get fracturing problems on thin sheets. Note that the finish is better than steel blades. Bosch quality is hard to beat. These blades are the perfect solution for cutting 2-inch thick extruded foam insulation boards.
The blades work perfectly and you really cannot differentiate between the glass and acrylic shelves. use a slow speed with no orbit when cutting. Those Work far better than fine tooth blades when cutting rubber roof tiles.
You may need to make a bunch of angled wedges for water draining. Took forever with fine-tooth blades. These knife blades make the work so much easier. Those Work great on a 9mm Poly board. If you want to Make a custom windshield out of MR10 Lexan for a rock crawler. This is the blade you need to cut it.
Buts Plexiglas and plastics effortlessly and smoothly, with no melting or burning. This gives a much better cut than a conventional jigsaw blade. You can cut a couple of hydraulic jack pads out of high-density construction foam.
As those are Sharp and fast enough to both cut and shave thin slivers to clean things up. Keep in mind when you’re trying to decide whether to buy the 4″ or 6″ version of this that the mount on the saw makes almost 1 1/2″ of the blade unusable.
They track very well and cut through many sheets of dense foam board without any problems. This is supposed to be the First-time diorama builder. The idea of a carpet knife or box cutter may make you nervous. The blade cuts beautifully through foam board insulation with no mess and an edge that looks like you bought it that way from the manufacturer.
There are lots of saw “dust” though. It Works inside a deep cardboard box with holes on opposite sides for the pipe. Hold the longer end of the pipe. Make your cut mark low on the side facing you to line up with the blade visibly. Let the blade do the work for the last of the cut.
For short cuts, lift the selvage end toward the end of the cut to avoid bucking.it cuts carbon fiber-like butter. This blade makes the job of cutting foam insulation much cleaner.
[i2pc][i2pros]• The cuts are clean
• easy to control for a straight line,
• leaves a perfectly smooth edge,
• NO Residue or Waste particles
• Very clean-cut, and also good at shaving.[/i2pros][i2cons]• It only uses T-Shank blades so old inventory of blades can’t be used.
• If the foam isn’t braced relatively close to the cutting line, it may lead to “vibrate mode,” and may shake the crud out.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Bosch T101AO3 3-Piece 3-1/4 In. 20 TPI Clean for Wood T-Shank Jig Saw Blades
The teeth are plenty sharp and the cut is clean – very clean. The bite that exists on the blades is smooth enough as it follows a line smoothly – like all the Bosch blades.
However, the blade is not rough enough for taking smaller turns and curves. It definitely works great for larger curves but you have to really work it for doing detailed precision cuts and tight turns in the wood. This blade does fit in the Bladerunner X2.
You can turn a nice sharp radius with them. They stay nice and sharp through numerous cuts. Cuts well, but quite frankly very hard to be accurate with long jigsaw blades like this. The blade tends to bend on large cuts, making it hard to make a truly precise cut.
These fit perfectly for the jigsaw and for the blade runner. The size can make it difficult to cut precisely. There will be some play because these are thinner than the Surge’s saw. It is not too bad, but you can use some tape to fatten the stock and make the fit tighter in the Surge’s slot.
Even if you have a chop saw that can cut 4×4’s, this is probably an easier way to cut them if you need to trim the top of a post or something.
If you also don’t have a circular saw, but it is easier to cut the top off of a fence post with a relatively lightweight jigsaw than it would be to try to make two cuts with a circular saw (and get them to line up perfectly).
Overall those are Excellent products and a must-have, especially working on a century-old, house that is not square or plumb.
[i2pc][i2pros]• work beautifully for curves and precise lines
• cut sweeping diameter offset curve in an arcade cabinet
• No ragged edges or tearing at all.
• hold their edge very well.
• cuts in birch plywood
• The kerf is very easy to track to the line.[/i2pros][i2cons]• it only cuts near 8cm (7.75cm)
• might damage the surface to try to cut it upside down.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
We also have reviewed some of the best cordless jigsaws.Check here.
Features to consider before you buy:
- Keep in mind that quite a bit of dust gets generated making it hard to follow a line. Choose the one that generates less dust.
- The quality and ease of cut need to be considered. The cuts need to be clean, and easy to control the blade along the cut line.
- Choose the one that will be very durable and last a long time as well as very affordable.
- Using a handsaw might be OK too, but if you have to make long cuts around big windows that could get tiresome quickly. In this case, get the right tool for the job.
- Careful not to get the product with more speed; it’s not too difficult to be done, but Polly turns into a mess if it gets too hot.
- Be careful to ensure that the foam is needed to be braced and sharp as this is, and cleanly also as those cuts, if You want to have that product to cut through ceramic tile.
- There are of Great price for enough blades to cover the next several projects- using metal, wood, PVC, MDF, etc. Those are very high quality and Many variations for different cutting tasks. Consider the purpose before choosing one.
Q: What is the best jigsaw blade?
BLACK+DECKER 75-626 Assorted Jigsaw Blade is the best overall. You can work both for wood and metal with this blade.
Q: What are the different types of jigsaw blade?
There are various types of jigsaw blades types for different cutting requirements. Jigsaw blade types can be classified in three ways.
- Types of shank
- . Teeth per inch(TPI)
- Types of material
Q: What are the differences between t shank vs u shank jigsaw blades?
1. Types of shank: basically, the shank is the part of the blade that locks to the blade clamp. Shank is a very important factor to differentiate or categorize jigsaw blades.
T- shank blade: T-shank blades have a tang at the top in the shank that fits clamp to the tool. They are very popular and most of the modern jigsaw t- shank blades. Because it is very easy to change the t-shank blade
U-shank blade: In the u-shank blade, you will find u shaped cut at the top of the shank. A much older jigsaw requires a u-shank blade.
Types of materials:
High carbon steel blades
3. Teeth per inch: Jigsaw blade TPI between 6-20 is very suitable for soft materials like wood and blades TPI between 14-36 is more useful for strong materials like metal.
There are some special jigsaw blades as well. Some of them are reverse tooth blades, plunge cut blades, scrolling blades, flush cutting blade, etc.
Q: Where to get a combo pack?
BLACK+DECKER 75-626 Assorted Jigsaw Blades is a combo pack that has different cutting blades for both wood and metal as well as fine and rough cutting blades. Some of these blades are unavailable locally.
Q: Can you cut curves with a jigsaw?
Of course, you can. In fact, the jigsaw is very ideal for cutting artistic carves.
You can get an Excellent smooth cut in Tuff-R insulation. This is huge when joining two pieces of foam together with building tape.
That’s not an option with traditional methods. Place saw flat on the surface you are cutting. As many teeth in contact as possible. Pinch holds the spine with one hand and uses the other hand to make an initial cut. Basically, I bought this so I could cut 4×4’s more easily. I don’t have a chop saw, so I usually end up cutting 4×4’s with a hand saw.
This is much easier, and I end up with straighter cuts, too. This guide will assist you in the prevention of the saw from flexing. The blade is rated to cut through metal, too, but I have just cut softwood with it.
I like the idea that I could potentially cut through the odd nail or screw without destroying the blade, but I have not tried this.
How to Choose a Jigsaw Blade?
If you are looking for an assortment of different blades this is probably a good option for you. Using any conventional blade would yield irregular edges and make a real mess with foam specs all over.
These are hard to find, and it’s a good combination set. Those Contain both wood and metal blades, they are just very short, so if you need longer, you’ll need to go a different way.
Using to cut molds for concrete casting, you will be surprised at how well those work.
Finally, BLACK+DECKER 75-626 is our top pick overall for both metal and wood, Dewalt DW3742C is the best for wood and Bosch Blades Set T5002 provides great value with price and quality. We have tried to find out the right blades for every material. Now its your turn to pick one of them and start working.
Last Updated on January 22, 2022 by John G. Anderson
- 1 Top 4 Best Jigsaw Blades at a Glance
- 1.1 Best jigsaw blades for plywood & hardwood: Our Top Picks
- 1.2 BLACK+DECKER 75-626 Assorted Jigsaw Blades Set, Wood and Metal, -Best overall
- 1.3 DEWALT Jigsaw Blades Set with Case, T-Shank, 14-Piece (DW3742C)-Best for plywood
- 1.4 Bosch T30W 30-Piece Woodworking Jigsaw Set
- 1.5 Hitachi 725397 4-Inch 6 TPI Jig Saw Blades for Fiber Cement Siding
- 1.6 Bosch 10-Piece Assorted T-Shank Jig Saw Blades Set T5002-Best T shank jigsaw blades
- 1.7 Bosch T102BF 3-Piece 2-5/8 In. 13 TPI Clean Bi-Metal Jig Saw Blades-Best for plexiglass
- 1.8 Bosch T101AO3 3-Piece 3-1/4 In. 20 TPI Clean for Wood T-Shank Jig Saw Blades
- 1.8.1 Features to consider before you buy:
- 18.104.22.168 Q: What is the best jigsaw blade?
- 22.214.171.124 Q: What are the different types of jigsaw blade?
- 126.96.36.199 Q: What are the differences between t shank vs u shank jigsaw blades?
- 188.8.131.52 Q: Where to get a combo pack?
- 184.108.40.206 Q: Can you cut curves with a jigsaw?
- 220.127.116.11 How to Choose a Jigsaw Blade?
- 1.8.1 Features to consider before you buy: