Best Manual Pole Saw
Manual pole saw is a very effective and popular tool as a high tree branch cutter or tree trimmer. But finding the best manual pole saw is really important for doing the job perfectly.
They are one of the best tree pruners or tree branch cutters because they are lightweight, long, and easy to handle. Gas and electric pole saws usually become heavy.
They can be costly and tough to handle then manual pole pruners.
Manual pole pruners are long enough and some can reach up to 25 feet and very easy to work with.
Also, it doesn’t need to run cables or gas engines. That makes it very simple and hassle-free.
It provides a lot of control over your trimming process. It doesn’t get jammed to cut or trim dense growth patterns. And tangled twigs where powered pruners can get jammed.
It also gives you the satisfaction of working in a relaxed and quiet way. Because it doesn’t make any kind of engine noise like gas pole saw.
We want to help you to find the best suitable manual pole saw for your work.
Why Trust Us:
We put hours of research to find the top manual pole pruners. We will guide you through 5 best manual poles saw review. We will give you a clear idea about how should a manual pole saw work and what should be the features and specifications of a great manual pole trimmer.
Comparison among 5 Best Manual Pole Saw in 2020
5 Best Manual Pole Saw of 2019 with Reviews and Buying Guide
1. Silky Professional Telescoping Landscaping Pole Saw
- 3-extension 4-poles/sections telescoping pole saw model that extends to 21 feet
- Extension range is 8 feet to 21-feet (2,440 to 6,300 mm); maximum working reach is 26 feet
- Blade thickness: 1.5 mm. 5.5 teeth per inch (6.5 teeth per 30mm) teeth configuration. Sk4 high carbon steel metal
- 6.9 pounds (3,140 grams) operating weight; 7.35 pounds (3,340 grams) weight with blade cover. Material : Aluminum, Rubber
- 2 pack
If you have a lot of trees and you need a long reach to cut or trim the branches, Silky179-39 is the best manual pole saw for you.
It can reach up to 25 feet which is the most distance can be covered by a pole saw.
This pole has a length of 8 t0 21 feet. It gives you the maximum working distance of 26 feet.
The pole is constructed with a rigid aluminium and weighs 8 pounds.
This pole saw has a lightweight than some other electric or gas-powered pole saw despite being so long. The lightweight makes it easy to work and operate.
Also, it is strong enough for heavy-duty and industrial operations. The blade is easily removable without any tool. The oval and slag fit so well that they can never twist.
This manual pole saw blade has four layers of teeth so it doesn’t jam and cut wood quickly. On the tip, it is fitted with a hook which is useful to pull weeds or sawed branches out of a tree. It has two cutting areas.
The lower sickle prevents the bark from tearing back during the pruning by undercutting a branch. The upper sickle cuts the branch.
The blade doesn’t slip off a branch because the back is the scabbard.
- The working reach is 26 feet. Most by any pole saw.
- Can be used for all kinds of professional and landscaping need
- High quality and durable pole saw with high-quality construction
- Almost suitable for all kinds of work
- The blade is designed ergonomically for heavy work
- Everyone can’t afford, expensive.
2. Friskers Tree Pruner-best for money
- Ideal for cutting high branches without climbing a ladder, making low cuts without bending or kneeling or reaching into dense or prickly shrubs
- Rope-free design gives you two-handed control and eliminates snags and tangles
- Included 15 inch WoodZig saw blade powers through thicker branches
- Maximum cutting capacity: 1-1/4 inch diamater (pruning blade)
- Lifetime warranty
Fiskers extendable pruning stick is one of the most useful and most popular manual poles saw around. It is a very versatile tree pruner which is very easy to operate.
This Fiskars manual pole saw has a wood zig saw blade which is 15 inches long. The pole is 9.7 feet long and can be extended up to 12 feet.
It has the capability of cutting branches from 1-1/4 inches in diameter. This model doesn’t need any rope. That is a good point because ropes can be tangled with branches and leaves.
It comes with a default scissor tip which very easy to activate with a simple clockwise twist action. It has two-handed control to eliminate snags and tangles.
It is very easy to use and can be used by absolute beginners. It is very useful for cutting high branches without a ladder. It makes a low cut without bending or kneeling.
- Very lightweight, so can be used for an extended period of time without any hand fatigue.
- 5-inch wood zig blade makes it more versatile and effective.
- Rope free design brings efficiency to the work
- It comes with a scissor tip
- Very affordable in price.
- Not enough long to reach very high branches
- not suitable for heavy work
3.Notch Manual Pole Saw-Great value
- Professional interlocking fiberglass poles used by professional tree care companies in the U.S along with home owners
- Fast pull-cutting tooth design
- Impulse hardened teeth hold sharpness on blade edges longer
- Rust resistant chrome plating
- Hook on saw head helps pull down loose limbs
- Budget-friendly professional tool
- Rust resistance
- Quality fibreglass pole
- Fast cutting
- Not a telescoping pole
Notch 40207is an ideal manual pole saw for both work and home. This is a budget-friendly heavy-duty pole saw. It comes with 3 professional interlocking fiber1glass poles. Each of them is 6 feet long.
So it is very easy to use and control. It has a 15-inch super-sharp heavy duty blade. The blade is designed with impulse handed teeth and rust-resistant chrome plating. Also, it has a fast pull-cutting tooth design to cut the thick branches very fast.
You can use it as a pruner also there is a hook black of the saw for pulling loose limbs. This is one of our favourite tools for the versatility and value of money. It gives both extra powers and reaches as well as control. Also very good for close thin branches by using one or two-pole.
4.ARS Long Reach Pruner
- Drop forged blades
- Telescoping handle
- Adjustable head
- Ergonomic grip
- Single lever operation
ARS LA-180ZR203 long reach pruner is one of the most popular and straightforward long reach pruners with Razor Edge.
If you need a pruner for small bushes and branches or deadheading shrubs with a reach of not more than 7 feet tall; ARS Long Reach Pruner is a much better choice for you than some other big and heavy pruners.
It has a telescoping pole that can be extended to a minimum of 4 feet and a maximum of 7 feet.
The blade is designed by hard chrome plated for sap and rust resistance. It has a drop forged design for greater durability and cutting leverage.
The handle is designed by the ergonomic grip and coated with nonslip plastic for comfort and ease of handling.
Also, it is featured with a swing neck that allows angle adjustment for the head to 0-30 degrees. It is a very lightweight pole saw; in fact, probably the lightest saw weights 2.2 lbs only.
It has a very easy and simple system so doesn’t need any experience to use it.
- Very lightweight.
- Very easy and simple to operate.
- Ergonomically designed grip.
- Swing neck allows angle adjustment for the head 0-30 degree.
- Not useful for trimming branches more than 1-1/4 inch.
- Very short pole length of 7 feet max is not enough to reach branches of all trees.
5.JamesonManual Pole Saw&Pruner
- Versatile 3 pole system for trimming at a variety of heights
- Low profile head maneuvers through dense foliage
- Aluminum ferrules with external leaf spring locking button
- 16-inch Barracuda Tri-cut saw blade for quicker, cleaner cuts
- Includes a 6-foot base pole, 6-foot extension pole and a 6-foot extension pole with saw head for 18 feet of reach
- Strong and durable fibreglass pole
- 16-inch tri-cut blade
- versatile 3 pole system
- 18 feet long reach
- No string pulled lopper along with the blade.
- Quite heavy with all extensions.
Jameson LS-6PKG is a great versatile manual pole saw and pruner that comes with 3 pole system. This landscaping tool gives good control of tree trimming. The 3 pole system is ideal to cut different hight of branches with control. The permanently locked saw head with a 6 feet pole adds extra control in work.
This model has an aluminium ferrule system that holds all 3 poles very strongly. Also, there is an external leaf spring locking button. It makes the job easy and fast. All three poles make 18 feet long which should be enough for any work. One of its cool features the 16-inch tri-cut blade which can cut logs up to a 32-inch diameter.
The teeth are angled beautifully to deliver fast and clean cut. This is surely a strong and reliable tool build with fibreglass pole to complete your work perfectly.
6. Silky 272-18 Telescoping Pole Saw
- Bundle includes 2 items: (1) Silky ZUBAT 1800 Telescoping Pole Saw 272-18 with (1) Replacement Blade 271-33
- Blade Length: 13" ; Teeth Configuration: 6.5 teeth per inch
- Extension Range: 7.7' to 13' ; Max. Working Reach: 18'
- One extension (two poles / sections)
- Weight: 3.4 lbs.
Silky 272-18 is a high-quality professional-grade aluminium telescoping manual pole pruner which can be extended with a minimum of 7.7 feet to a maximum of 13 feet.
The maximum working reach is 18 feet. The saw features a 13-inch blade with 6.4 teeth per inch.
It is designed with a razor-sharp teeth blade which has four cutting angles. It ensures fast, clean, smooth cutting through tough branches, nodes, and knots.
It also has a tapper a ground profile which reduces drag and directs more usable energy to the cutting edge.
The pole has an oval-shaped aluminium alloy extension that provides precise blade control for high cutting.
The handle communicates with the blade via a pin/lock system which transmits all the forces from handle to the blade.
This technology ensures that you can do more cutting with less force.
The handle is coated with a comfortable rubberized over-grip so that you can use this pole saw for hours without any hand fatigue or injury.
- 4 cutting angles provide fast, clean and smooth cutting.
- This unit weighs only 3.8 lbs.
- A great locking system transmits the force from handle to blade very efficiently.
- A durable and handy tool for pruning
- It doesn’t offer any branch hook.
7. Fiskars Extendable Tree Pruner (93016059J)
- Ideal for cutting high branches without climbing a ladder
- Power-Lever technology maximizes leverage to give you up to two times more cutting power than traditional tree pruners
- Included 15 inch WoodZig saw blade powers through thicker branches
- Maximum cutting capacity: 1-1/2 inch diamater (pruner blade)
- Lifetime warranty
If you want an ideal pole saw for cutting high branches without a ladder at an affordable price, fiskars93016059J is a very good option for you.
It makes reaching and cutting high branches easier than ever. Also, it is very affordable in price. Though it is not the tallest pole saw, as the maximum reach is 14 feet.
Still, it is a very effective and useful tool for trimming bushes and small trees.
It has a revolutionary power level technology. It maximizes leverage to give you two times more powerful cutting power than the traditional tree pruners.
As like most of the Fiskars tree pruners, it has a traditional 15-inch wood zig saw blade.
It is widely known as one of the most powerful poles saw blade in the market.
The blade works best when used on branches that are the 1-1/8 diameter or less. The maximum cutting capacity of this blade is 1-1/2 inch diameter.
Fiskars over delivered on building the pole made almost entirely from oval-shaped, durable and lightweight fibreglass. It provides a superior and hassle-free pruning experience.
The 15-inch blade is made from hardened steel for a long lifetime and heavy-duty trim work. It has a unique double locking system that ensures the pole extension is locked securely into place.
The pole length can be adjusted very quickly and easily with that quick release thumb lock. This makes the work with this unit is a great pleasure and treat.
- The quick-release thumb lock makes easy to adjust pole length.
- Very affordable with a great value of money.
- Fiver glass pole and power level technology
- It doesn’t work well with the branches more than 1.5 inches thicker.
Buying Guide: How to choose a manual pole saw?
For buying a manual pole saw you need to know which one is the most suitable for your work.
Maybe there are so many great manual pole saws that have the highest quality and highest price.
But that doesn’t mean that those are the most suitable for your work.
Also, you need to understand some other features of a pole saw to make a buying decision. Let’s take a look.
There is a wide range of manual pole saws in terms of pole length and quality. If the pole flex too much; that makes your work tougher.
Cheap telescoping poles can start twist as the friction lock wears out. But the oval or hexagonal poles don’t twist.
The pole should be made from durable and high-quality materials. Because you don’t want the pole to break under heavy loads.
A pole saw can be extended in various ways. Firstly, you need to know that how far your pole saw needs to extend for pruning.
So you should get a clear idea of your garden or trees to understand your potential pruning needs.
If you can understand that, you will able to buy a perfect manual pole saw according to your pruning needs.
Q: How long a monal pole saw should be?
Q: What should be the blade length of a manual pole saw?
The blade is the most essential part of a pole saw. You really need a good blade to do good work.
The blade should be made from high-quality metal.
The blade needs to have a good cutting limit. Usually, good blades made from high-carbon SK5 steel.
If not you should do the research to know the durability and quality of that material.
Some blades have a coat that repels plant materials. That keeps the teeth clean and open for easy cutting.
Some blades also have a look at the tip to pull branches. That plant ropes out vegetation.
Some blades have scabbards at the back of the blade to keep the blade stay on the branch.
You need to read through the blade specifications and keep your needs and requirements in mind.
The pole saw should be lightweight to bring efficiency and comfort in the work.
If the pole is too heavy, it will make you tired.
You will lose efficiency in the work. Also, it can cause hand fatigue.
The most important thing is, you should never compromise with the quality. If quality is lacking, your work is going to be hard.
If you can’t afford a very expensive one, don’t worry. You can buy a product which doesn’t have advanced technology but very good at normal work.
You can read the users’ verified and unbiased reviews to know the quality and productivity of a pole saw.
You can take ideas from those people who have been using a pole saw for a long time.
They would like to share the experience with you.
Q: What is the best manual pole saw in the market?
Silky Professional 179-39 Telescoping manual pole saw is the best professional manual pole saw in the market right now. It has a very long reach with excellent quality and performance.
Q: What is the longest pole saw available?
Silky 179-39 telescoping landscaping is the longest pole saw available.It has the highest 26 feet reach.
Q: Why choose a manual pole saw?
No Installation requirement: You do not need any installation before using a manual pole saw. You just need to buy a manual pole saw and start working. Yes, you hear it right. There is no complex installation process in a manual pole saw. It is very easy and simple to use. You just need to attach the saw with the pole and you are ready to work with it.
The manual pole saw is comparatively cheap than the other gas or electric-powered pole saw. Every family can not buy gas or electric-powered pole saw because it is very expensive. A manual pole saw is a very good option for them.
Electric or gas powered pole saw can be tricky to manage. Also, they are quite as risky as power tools. If you have no knowledge about pole saw, you should not use any electric or gas-powered pole saw without any guidance as they may kickback suddenly which can cause injury to you. But a manual pole saw is completely risk-free and you do not need to follow any special guideline because it is quite easy to use.
How to use a manual pole saw?
It has been some time together. Thanks for reading the article. If you still can’t make your buying decision, please go through the reviews and buying decision one more time.
We recommend you the Silky telescoping 179-39 if you need the best manual pole saw.
This manual pole pruner has all the required quality for professional and nonprofessional works.
But if you want a less expensive pole saw and don’t want to compromise with quality, we will recommend you Fiskars 14 Foot Power Lebel Extendable Tree Pruner.
It is a very high-quality manual pole saw which is very affordable in price.
All the models we have reviewed in this article are performed exceptionally well.
They carry great quality in terms of productivity, durability, and technology. If you can’t make your mind in a manual pole saw, you can consider all different kinds of pole saw. We reviewed some of the best poles saw by combining gas, electric and manual. You can check all kinds of top pole saw reviews.