Best Air Reciprocating Saw Reviews & Buying Guide(2020)
The air reciprocating saw, also known as a pneumatic reciprocating saw and air Sawzall is a very essential tool for the woodworker, Diy worker, carpenter and contractor. They are very lightweight, easy to handle and perfect tool to work in tight spaces. But you need to find the best air reciprocating saw to do your Diy work perfectly.
There are so many options in the market. That is why finding the best air powered reciprocating saw can be a little tricky. You need to research the market well to find the best tool. But, it can be a little frustrating and time-consuming as well.
You do not need to worry at all. We have done all the research for you. We have picked 6 best reciprocating air saw by a lot of research and customer review. So you just need to follow our article. In the end, you will definitely find the perfect tool to work with.
6 Best Air Reciprocating Saw Reviews:
1. Ingersoll Rand 429 Air Reciprocating Saw
- Heavy-duty air reciprocating saw
- Cuts flat and curved surfaces
- 10,000-strokes per minute
- Positive blade retainer and adjustable blade guide
- Vibration reduction feature
Ingersoll Rand 429 heavy-duty air reciprocating saw is the top product in our list for many reasons. This tool really deserves this place for its unmatchable quality and performance.
This Ingersoll rand air reciprocating saw is very versatile to cut almost all kind of materials like metal, fibreglass, plastic and aluminium sheets. Also, this tool can cut all kind of light radial curves and complex shapes in both carve and flat surface.
It can produce 10,000 strokes per minute so that it can cut very fast and clean. It comes with an onboard vibration-reducing the system to gives great control and comfort to work. This system makes this tool so perfect for work like body shop repair, muffler and sunroof installations etc. Also, it has a positive blade retainer and adjustable blade guide for delivering safety and accuracy in the work. More than that, it comes with two hex wrenches and six high-speed steel cutting air reciprocating saw blades.
The only concern about this tool is the price. It is a bit pricy but if you do not bother about the price, this tool is the best choice for you. Actually, it deserves the extra money.
- Heavy-duty versatile tool
- 10,000 strokes per minute
- Vibration reducing system
- Adjustable blade guide and blade retainer
- High-quality and long-lasting
- A bit pricy
2.Astro 930 Air Body Saber Saw-Best Compact Reciprocating Saw
- Ideal for body shop repair muffler and exhaust work
- Adjustable blade guide increases blade life
- Cuts all types of aluminum plastic fiberglass and sheet metal
- Cuts intricate shapes and tight radius curves on flat and curved surfaces
This Astro 930 mini air reciprocating saw is the perfect tool for the second position. The first thing that gives an edge to this tool above other is the size. The small size is very ideal to work in tight places. Also, it is very lightweight to compare to others which really helps to work with it for a long time without any problem.
But don’t underestimate this tool for its size. It can deliver 9000 strokes per minute to give smooth and fast cut. Though it is a little slower than Ingersoll Rand 429, It can cut all kind of plastics, aluminium and metal sheets.
You can easily cut radius curves and complex shapes in both flat and curved surface with this saw. This tool is really ideal for body shop repair muffler and exhaust work. Also like other good tools, it has an adjustable blade length.
Actually, this mini air saw is almost as good as Ingersoll Rand 429. Only it is a little slower than that. But that doesn’t impact the work a lot. Also, it is cheaper than Ingersoll Rand 429. So if you want the same quality but want to pay less, you can go for this tool.
It doesn’t come with a vibration-reducing system. So you may feel a little bit exhausted to work for a long time. Other than that it is a really great tool to have in your DIY projects.
- Compact size
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- 9000 strokes per minute
- No vibration reducing system
3. Neiko RIDGE30065A Pneumatic Reciprocating Saw-Best for Money
- Designed for high-speed metal cutting requirements with body and sheet metal and ideal for body shop repair, muffler and exhaust work
- Body constructed with aircraft grade aluminum with adjustable blade guide that increases blade life and rubber soft-grip provides a firm hold
- Cuts intricate shapes and tight radius curves on flat and curved surfaces and cuts all types of aluminum, plastic, fiberglass and sheet metal
- Lever throttle for feather-touch control, allowing for precision cuts and detailing work
- Specs: 10,000 RPM free-speed; 10mm stroke length; 1.5mm cutting capacity; 6 CFM air consumption; 90 PSI air pressure; 1/4" NPT air socket inlet
We have picked Neiko RIDGE30065A as our third best tool for delivering superior performance at a great value. It is one of the best air saw for money without any doubt. Those who are looking for budget reciprocation saw that works really well, this is the tool for them. It delivers 10000 strokes per minute as our first tool but a lot cheaper than that.
The power of this saw makes it ideal for bodywork. This metal-air saw is very versatile and can cut aluminium and metal sheets smoothly. It has a strong body constructed with aircraft-grade aluminium and rubber soft grip for providing a firm hold.
But it has some weak points as well that keeps it in the 3rd place. The blades are not strong enough and break quite often. Also, the blade changing process is a little complex. So that makes people frustrated. More than that, some people complain it gets jammed up frequently.
- 10,000 strokes per minute
- Best for money
- Strong body
- Lever throttle for feather-touch control
- Complex blade changing system
- Jammed quite often
4. Chicago Pneumatic CP7900 Heavy Duty Reciprocating Air Saw
- Power at 10,000 strokes per minute allows you to quickly cut through material with ease
- Adjustable guard
- Ergonomic design for comfort and easy handling and muffler work
- Includes (1) each replacement blades: 18T, 28T, 32T
- Economical tool for body, exhaust and muffler work
Chicago CP7900 is a highly professional reciprocating saw for heavy-duty work. It can produce 10,000 strokes per minute which are very impressive. There is no air reciprocating saw that can deliver more than 10000 strokes per minute. So this is the highest. As it is very fast, it is very fast, it can cut metal and aluminium sheets like butter. The speed is not the only positive about this tool.
Also it a lightweight and compact reciprocating saw. It has an ergonomic design and robust handle for comfort and easy handling. It helps to work for hours without any fatigue. More importantly, it has a lock-off throttle to protect from accidental start-up. The adjustable guide makes it very easy to set up for cutting different depth. It comes with three replacement blades.
But it doesn’t have any vibration controlling system. And this is the most expensive tool in our list.
- Very fast
- Professional heavy-duty tool
- Lock-off the throttle
- Ergonomic design and robust handle
- No vibration controlling system
5. AIRCAT 6350 Low Vibration Compact Air Saw
- Low vibration low weight
- All metal blade retainer
- 2 year - twice industry standard
- Adjustable rear exhaust
- Cuts up to 3/8" Steel
Aircat 6350 is a well-built air reciprocating saw that provide ultimate cutting control. It is very reliable which comes with two years warranty. So you do not need to worry about the durability of this tool. It can produce 9500 strokes per minute for clean and fast cutting. It gives great cutting control and comfort for its low vibration and lightweight. It has the lowest vibration level among any saw of its class with a very short and compact design. It really helps to work without fatigue for long hours in tight spaces.
The metal blade retainer gives extra durability and control. Another cool feature is the 360-degree rotational exhaust for better safety and comfort. Also, it can up to 3/8” steel which is very good for an air saw.
- Two years warranty
- Minimum vibration
- Metal blade retainer
- 9500 strokes per minute
- No safety lock throttle
6. OEMTOOLS 24409 Heavy Duty Reciprocating Air Saw
- WORKS WITH ANY SHOP AIR COMPRESSOR: Works with both DIY and professional-quality air compressors. Recommended air pressure: 90 psi. Air consumption: 1.7 CFM. Air inlet thread size: 1/4" NPT.
- THE POWER YOU NEED: The OEMTOOLS 24409 Reciprocating Air Saw cuts through steel and aluminum sheet metal like butter. At 9,000 strokes per minute, this high-speed metal air saw is ideal for automotive body work where power is key—and it’s precise enough for the most delicate cuts in fiberglass, wood, Sheetrock, and more.
- COMFORTABLE TO USE: This air body saw is lightweight at just 1.5 Lbs., comfortable to use, great for cutting in tight spaces, and it won’t vibrate your hands numb like other reciprocating saws.
- SAFETY: With our new enhanced blade guard, and the built-in trigger safety lock, this heavy duty reciprocating air saw is designed with safety in mind.
- FULL SPECIFICATIONS: INCLUDES: Reciprocating Air Saw, (2) Hex Key Wrenches, (2) Saw Blades, and (2) Blade Guards; Length: 10.6" (270 mm); Exhaust: Front; Enhanced Blade Guard Design and Trigger Safety Lock; Strokes per Minute: 9,000 SPM.
The last product on our list is OEMTOOLS 24409. Though it is not in our top 3 positions, still it can be a really handy tool for some people. It can work with any kind of shop air compressor. It is a good tool for both DIY and professional work.
So if you want a DIY air saw at a reasonable price, you can consider this tool. It can deliver 9000 stroke per minute which is good enough to cut through sheet metal, plastics, and fibreglass. It can make delicate cuts in tight spaces easily. The blade changing is quite easy so that you can switch from one blade to another blade in no times.
It has a newly designed blade guard for precise cutting. Also, the built-in trigger safety lock makes it a safe tool to deal with.
It has some flaws as well. It doesn’t have any vibration controlling system. That can make it difficult to work for a long time. Because you may feel exhausted for the vibration. Also, the blades may break quite often than the other air saws.
- Nice tool for DIY worker
- Well-designed blade guard
- Build-in trigger safety lock.
- Cut well and fast
- · No vibration control
We have also reviewed 6 best cordless jigsaw
Best Air Reciprocating Saw Buying Guide:
How to Choose an Air Reciprocating Saw?
Speed is one of the most important factors of judgment for an air-operated reciprocating saw. An air reciprocating saw should have at least 9000-10,000 strokes per minute.
You should not avoid the handling factor while choosing the best air reciprocating saw. The comfort and control of the saw largely depend on the handle. The handle of cheap tools often made of materials like plastics which is not ideal for comfort. Also, the plastic handle will make you exhausted and won’t let you work for a long time comfortably. The top tools come with the handle that is covered with foam, rubber or any other softer materials. It will give you the perfect comfort and pleasure of working even in difficult situations. So you always should go for a rubber grip handle.
3. Variable speed controller:
This feature gives you the required speed to cut a particular material. It is very important for an air saw because it helps you to make a precise cut with the required speed. Like, you need maximum speed to cut a metal sheet but you need less speed to cut plastic. It makes your job easy and perfect by controlling the speed to cut different materials. The expensive air saws have this feature quite often. Some budget reciprocating saw also has this feature. The best air-powered saw definitely should have this feature.
4. Blade and blade changing:
Without the blade, there is no use of the saw. That is how important the blade is. Some tools come with the pre-attached blade. Those tools are more preferable than the saws come without a blade. If you want a saw for all-purpose, you should buy the saw that supports different types of blade for a different task.
Example: The blade that is designed for wood is not ideal for cutting metal.
Some tools come with different all-purpose blades than others. Blade changing should be very easy and simple so that you can change the blade very quickly without any struggle. Blade changing process of the reciprocating saw is quite complex than other power tools. So you should choose a tool that has a very easy and simple tool-free changing process.
We need to consider weight before buying an air saw because a light saw makes the job easier than a heavy one. A lightweight air reciprocating saw will give you maximum comfort while working. You won’t feel fatigued to work for a long time with a light tool.
6.Safety lock throttle
A safety lock is a cool feature and it gives you’re extra security and control in your work. It restricts the saw from accidental startup. If you do a lot of work with your tool and you have a child in your workplace than it is a very important feature for you. To avoid any kind of accidental start-up, you should look for this feature in an air reciprocating saw.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is an air-powered Sawzall?
An air Sawzall, also known as reciprocating air body saw and pneumatic body saw that use air compression to power the push and pull blade motion. They are widely used for various purposes. Generally, they are lightweight and very easy to handle.
Q: What is the use of an air saber saw?
They are really an ideal tool for a large type of works. They can cut metal, aluminium, plastic, wood and plywood etc very accurately. As they are small and lightweight, they are a perfect tool to use in tight and small places where other power saws can’t reach. It is a widely used tool for remodelling and demolition.
Q: Can you cut tree limb with an air reciprocating saw?
As it is a very versatile tool, it is very ideal to cut so many tools. You can easily cut tree limbs with this tool. But instead of that, you can use a tree pruner to cut tree limbs. That will give you better work experience.
Q: Where to buy reciprocating air saw?
The air-powered saw is available in both store and online e-commerce market place. We find e-commerce market places like Amazon, eBay, home depot, and Walmart have the best deals for air reciprocating saw.
Q: How to use an air reciprocating saw?
Air reciprocating saw work in a very simple and easy way.
- Before start working put eye safety glasses and hand gloves to keep you safe. As the blade is very sharp, accidentally it can cause great damage to your hand. Also, materials from metal and plastic can come and contact to your eyes.
- Pick the right blade for the particular material. You cannot cut metal with a wooden blade.
- Install the blade perfectly and tighten the screws well. Make sure every part of the tool is connected perfectly.
- Set up the cutting material in touch with the blade guard to get an accurate cut.
- Startup the tool and adjust the blade speed as required to cut the material.
- Do not push the blade too hard. Just guide the blade to cut.
- Do not touch the blade before stopping completely.
Hopefully, after all the discussion now it is clear to you how to choose an air-driven reciprocating saw. But, if still, it is a little bit tricky for you, we have a few suggestions to make your buying decision even easier.
Ingersoll Rand 429 is the top choice and it has superior quality and durability to be the number one. If you need to best tool in the market and do not bother about the high price, this is the best tool for you.
But if you want a high-quality product but do not want to pay as much as Ingersoll Rand 429, you can buy Neiko RIDGE30065A. It is one of the best air reciprocating saw for the money. Astro 930 is another great option for those who want a compact tool with all the great features at a reasonable price. Other three are also good product; you just need to find out which one suits the best with your work.
That’s all from us. Now you need to make the final call. We have tried our level best to guide you for finding the best air reciprocating saw.