Best Budget Cordless circular saws under 150(2021)
Do you need mobility and durability in your woodworking tool? If so, you have come to the safe hand. You need a circular saw for your work. A great circular saw is a perfect solution in that case. You probably know that circular saw offers accurate, straight, and smoothly finished cuts. But sometimes the budget becomes a big issue for getting the best tool from the market. So if you want a high-quality circular saw but do not want to pay a lot, we are here to help you. and budget We are going to find out the best circular saw under 150 to get the best efficiency and effectiveness in work.
Know Before Buy:
Nonetheless, one thing will get you into a mess while working. That is when you get tangled with wires of a circular saw. Such situations slow down your progress only. This is why expert woodworkers prefer using a circular saw.
Most importantly, you can pack the performance of a heavy-duty circular saw into a battery-powered body. Circular saw allows you a more excellent range of motion and portability. That’s why it is becoming popular with time. If you are planning on buying one but are confused by the variety of options. Let our guide help you narrow the field.
- Top Pick – DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V MAX Circular Saw, (DCS391B)
- Runner Up – Makita SH02R1 Cordless Circular Saw
- Best For Money – BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- Great Quality –Milwaukee M18 Cordless Circular Saw
- Good Value – Ryobi P508 One+ 18V Cordless Circular Saw
5 Best Circular Saw under 150 Reviews: Our Top Picks
Why Trust Us:
If you are seeking the best cordless circular saw, you can check our top picks. In this article, we reviewed a few excellent cordless circular saws. We’ll give you an insight into their functions and features.
Before making a list, we consider their speed, control, power output, and ease of use. I hope, you can now do your job safely and comfortably. Let’s find out what is waiting for you!
DEWALT DCS391B Cordless Circular Saw-Most Favorite
Do you want to have more power along with mobility in a circular saw? There is no better alternative to DEWALT DSC391B circular saw. You can rely on DEWALT 20 volt cordless circular saw, as DEWALT is the most popular power tool brand.
The first thing we appreciate is its most potent 460MWO, 5150 RPM motor. It provides the speed and power to perform heavy-duty cuts with ease. The saw includes high strength magnesium shoe, which provides Job-site durability. It also ensures long-term cut accuracy.
You can now perform aggressive bevel cuts up to 500 for a multitude of applications. Besides, it comes with a 6.5-inch carbide-tipped blade for cutting two-times material.
Moreover, the saw features an optimized rubber over-molded comfort grip. It delivers maximum balance and control while performing tough jobs. Overall, it’s a great combination of durability and weight. The design is compact and not so heavy to use.
What We Like
- Offers plenty of power and speed
- Magnesium shoe ensures stability and strength
- Better bevel cutting angle
- More balance and control on handles
- Reasonably priced
- It takes time to charge
- No safety switch is included
2. Makita SH02R1 Cordless Circular Saw
Makita cordless circular saw is perfect for those looking for more power and speed in an ultra-compact size. The Makita SH01R1 allows you to cut through MDF, plywood as well as melamine. It is designed for a range of cutting applications.
To deliver such power, it includes two 12V max lithium-ion slide-style batteries. It provides enhanced balance over pole-style batteries. Unlike others, it has an on-board LED charge level indicator for user’s convenience. Its built-in dust blower ensures easy maintenance.
Even after weighing just 3.5 pounds, it can rotate with speed up to 1500RPM. Besides, its 3 3/8″ blade provides a maximum cutting depth of 1″ at both 90o and 45o. The saw has a tilting base for bevel cuts up to 45o.
Overall, it’s an excellent solution for use in tight spaces. Due to lightweight, you can take it anywhere your job demands. The best part is it comes with a lithium-ion charger and a tool case. You should go for it.
What We Like
- Lightweight yet compact design
- Delivers more power
- Ensures faster cutting
- Ergonomic rubberized handle
- Adjustable cutting depth
- Powerful blade with 20 Teeth
- Easy to find spare parts
- Not suitable for heavy material
3. BLACK+DECKER Cordless Circular Saw (BDCCS20C)-Best circular saw under 100
Another affordable yet powerful option brought to you by BLACK+DECKER. This BLACK+DECKER cordless circular saw is best for smaller jobs you need around your home. You can perform a variety of cuts with the high torque motor and fast cutting blade.
The noticeable part of this black decker cordless circular saw is its powerful high-torque motor. It includes a 5 ½ inch fast cutting blade which offers a variety of cuts. With the tool-free depth of cut, it ensures easy depth adjustments.
You can cut with bevel adjustment with detents at 45 and 90 degrees. Also, this 12T carbide blade is good enough for a variety of materials. It comes with a charger so you can do your job without any break.
In short, it could be a wise pick if you need a flexible tool for smaller home projects. The saw offers tool-free adjustment for assuring quick and easy change. It’s a justified choice as it comes almost right out of the box.
What We Like
- Lightweight and manageable design
- A good option for beginners
- Easy to change tools
- Sufficient power for smaller jobs
- The fast and smooth cutting blade
- Better bevel adjustment
- Not suitable for larger jobs
- The battery takes time to charge
4. Ryobi P508 Cordless Brushless Circular Saw
Are you here to find a reliable cordless circular saw within budget? Our first circular saw from Ryobi should be of interest. This cordless circular saw Ryobi P508 is one of the best valued saw available today.
This ryobi cordless circular saw is powered by Ryobi’s 18V batteries, which is compatible with other brands. Besides, it features a seven ¼” thin kerf blade that spins at 3800RPM. You can now deal with woodworking and other construction jobs anytime, anywhere.
With 56o bevel capacity, you can cut the woods at an angle. You can do this by adjusting your foot at the base of the saw. However, it comes with rubber moulding handles to maintain a comfortable grip. You can get stable support even in a slippery condition.
Moreover, the saw includes a convenient LED lighting panel in front of the tool. It helps you to see the line while cutting the edges. The price is also extremely reasonable. So, give it a try.
What We Like
- Powerful batteries with great compatibility
- Ergonomically designed handles
- Convenient LED lighting panel
- Excellent Bevel capacity
- Efficient blade
- It may throw up sawdust
- The guard seems flimsy
5. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 Cordless Circular Saw
You can now get immediate stop while performing woodcutting applications. Thanks to Milwaukee cordless circular saw. The Milwaukee M18 should be worth checking out if you prefer practical tools.
One of the top reasons that we add this Milwaukee cordless circular saw to our list is its electronic brakes. It ensures immediate stop, so you don’t need to wait for slow down the job. Besides, the saw is compatible with Milwaukee M18 18V lithium-ion battery.
It allows you to adjust the cutting depth up to 1 ½” with an angle up to 45o. The saw provides excellent versatility in your cuts. Also, it includes magnesium guards on the top and bottom of the blade. So, you can confidently do your job as it protects the unit from impacts. This saw runs with a powerful motor that drives the blades at up to 3500RPM.
Furthermore, this compact and lightweight design include a softy-grip handle for the user’s comfort. It also features an aircraft aluminium shoe that delivers excellent accuracy. There is no doubt that such a powerful system comes from Milwaukee.
What We Like
- Great motor powered by a heavy-duty battery
- Electronic brakes
- Comfortable and soft-grip handle
- Excellent bevel angle and depth
- Great compatibility
- Superior accuracy
- Lightweight design
- No LED light is included
- Blade’s replace
6. DEWALT DC390B Cordless Circular Saw
Whether you are designing a deck or kitchen cupboards, you need the right saw. The DEWALT cordless circular saw 18 volts (DC390B) is perfect for tackling these projects. It becomes popular among hard-core DIY enthusiasts for being robust and durable.
The first thing we like is its fan-cooled motor, which comes with replaceable brushes. It ensures optimum power and durability. Also, the saw operates at 3700RPM, which allows both cross and rip cuts. Thanks to its 6 ½ inch carbide-tipped blade.
You can now perform cuts at 900 and 450 according to your job requirements. Like other DEWALTs, it includes high-strength magnesium shoe and upper guard. These ensure better stability and enhanced durability.
Moreover, its adjustable bevel capacity delivers additional capacity for a range of applications. You can cut with a cutting capacity of 2 ¼” at 900 and 1 5/8″ at 450. Also, it includes a vibration-dampening rubber-grip handle for a better grip.
Above all, you can cut through any 2-by lumber due to its two times cutting capacity. Although the pack doesn’t include batteries, still it uses 18V XRP batteries. The price is also within budget. You should check the store before the stock is OVER!
What We Like
- Optimum power and durability
- Operates at 3700RPM
- Sharp carbide-tipped blade
- Maximum cutting capacity
- Magnesium shoe for stability
- Offers a multitude of applications
- Vibration-dampening rubber grip handles
- Comfortable to use
- Doesn’t comes with battery and charger
- Safety might be an issue
We also have reviewed the best 10 1/4 circular saw.Check it.
Buying Guide: How to choose the best budget circular saw?
Now comes the main point. Before making any decision, you should know the plusses and minuses of the cordless circular saw. It’s a long-term investment in your woodworking collections. Make sure you know what to look for while purchasing a cordless circular saw. Hence, read on the following factors and buy the right one for your job.
The main concern of the cordless circular saw is its runtime, which depends on the battery. Make sure the battery last for long before it dies. Hence you can work on your projects without any break. In short, you should choose the circular saw with a powerful battery.
While choosing a cordless circular saw, blade size is another must-consider factor. Blades are found generally in 7 ¼ inches, which can cut material with 3-inch thickness. If you find anything better than this, that would be a bonus point. Also, check the maximum cutting depth considering your projects.
Since a cordless circular saw comes in a smaller size and with a shorter blade. You may not get cutting capacity like the corded one. However, the cutting capacity varies from 3000 to 4000RPM in a corded circular saw. It is better to get anything in between or better than this.
The best cordless circular saw should take minimum time while charging. If it charges the battery quickly, you don’t have to wait for long. Most saw takes under three hours, whereas others take up to four hours.
The machine’s weight is another crucial thing to consider. If you buy a heavy one, it will only give fatigue, nothing else. You are likely to carry it from job sites to job sites. Hence, it has to be lightweight enough to handle it.
Your selected cordless circular saw should be capable of cutting your desired angle. The most saw offers bevel cuts at 45o, others at 50o and more. Choose one that suits your project.
One of the common concerns for any kind of saws. As you get better mobility, make sure it is safe as well. Carefully check all the safety features like an electronic brake, control, blade guard, and footplate. These circular saws are best to use in crowded workspace.
Obviously, your picked cordless circular saw has to be sturdy and durable. Don’t compromise with the cheapest and low-quality options. It is better to invest in a tool that lasts for many years.
So far, we believe that you can now find out which one suits your project. Now we are going to add more about the cordless circular saw. So that you can understand what you are going to buy.
How A Cordless Circular Saw Works?
Like we mentioned earlier, batteries power cordless circular saws. When you powered the machine, it turns the blade at a certain speed. This rotating blade allows you to cut the wood, plastic, or metal. To get efficiency at work, you have to choose the right blade.
However, it has on/off switched on handles, which ensures better control. It also includes an arbour that has a guard to protect the user’s hand.
Corded vs Cordless circular saw: Which One to Choose?
Great Question! We are glad that you have asked! Well, it depends. Both of them are effective and powerful in their ways. Most woodworkers get confused while choosing between a corded and cordless circular saw. They both have pros and cons. However, to minimize your confusion, we’ll discuss their pluses and minuses below. So you can understand which one you need.
Cordless Circular Saw
A cordless circular saw is a tool that you should have at least one. It brings a lot of convenience to your Job site. You can easily use it without getting tangled. Let’s know its benefits and drawbacks.
- Ease of Use: One of the top advantages is that cordless circular saw is easy to use. You don’t have to worry about the trouble of wires. Even after being in a remote location where there is no electricity, you can use it. These are most convenient to use in places without electric outlets.
- Versatility: Due to the small size, you can use it for any projects. It allows you to perform more cuts compared to others.
- Portability: Cordless circular saw is likely to be lighter, which makes it more portable. In short, you can take the saw anywhere and anytime.
- Value for the money: Most cordless circular saw come in a bundle with charger, blade, and extra batteries. You don’t have to buy separately, which is a good value for the money.
- Storage: With batteries inside, you don’t have to pack wires for storing. You can store it with ease, thanks to its compact design.
- Since most saw drives with the lithium-ion battery, which has a power limit. It won’t work like a corded circular saw, in case of power. Cordless circular saw may not deal with thickest materials.
- Comparatively, cordless circular saws are more expensive due to its sophisticated design.
Corded Circular Saw
The corded circular saw is comparatively most popular as it ensures more power in your jobs. It is preferred for those jobs that have an electric outlet near the Job site. Here are the benefits and drawbacks of the corded circular saw.
- More Power: Since it takes power from a power outlet, you can get maximum power. This circular saw has a heavy-duty motor inside. It ensures that you can provide as much energy as needed for your project.
- Affordable: Due to the simple design, these saws are cheaper than the cordless one. You can get any best model within budget.
- Superior Cutting Power: With such enormous power, you can deal with thickest pieces of wood. It has large blade tips that move faster. Therefore, you can cut materials like steel and masonry.
- Lightweight: Corded circular saw doesn’t have any battery inside. So they are relatively lighter than a cordless circular saw.
- One of the crucial disadvantages is its cord, which may interfere with your projects. It makes things messy and complicated.
- Since you have to work with a long power cord while using a corded circular saw. So, it may take more time to complete a task.
- The electricity breaks down is another issue. It affects your job if power is down.
However, if you ask which one to buy or which one is the best? Our vote will be the same for both cordless and corded. You can have both in your tool inventory. If your job requires mobility.
You can go with a cordless circular saw. Conversely, you can go with the corded circular saw.
If your job requires more power. The decision is up to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Brushed or Brush-less, which motor is best for a cordless circular saw?
A: Honestly, cordless circular saw with brush-less motor is technically better. The brush-less design minimizes the friction related to brushes. It delivers more power and ensures extended battery runtime. These motors cost more, still a good option.
Q: What is a cordless circular saw good for?
A: Cordless circular saw is suitable for cutting thinner and smaller material like plywood. It can work for drywall as well. The lithium-ion battery used in the cordless circular saw is relatively robust. Besides, it can compete with corded versions.
Q: Can cordless circular saw be used to cut laminate, stone or metal?
A: A big NO! We highly recommend that you should not use it for cutting metal or stone. These are meant for cutting wood. In the case of laminate, you can use a corded circular saw with 100 or more teeth.
Q: Can I use one company’s batteries on others?
A: Not really. Most company’s batteries are not cross-compatible. So, you cannot use one company’s battery on others.
Q: Can I use a cordless circular saw for heavy-duty works?
A: As we mentioned above, it is tough to do heavy-duty works. Still, if you don’t have access to electricity, you can keep spare batteries. In case of emergencies, you can do your job using more batteries.
Q: What are the standard ways to store cordless circular saw?
A: Since it uses batteries, so the temperature should be the first consideration. Do not keep your saw in a room less than 40oF and higher than 105oF. Otherwise, it can cause permanent failure of the battery. Also, keep the batteries away from metal conductors which can produce sparks. All these things can be dangerous.
Q. Can you make a miter cut with a circular saw?
yes, you can make a miter cut with a circular saw. But it a little bit complex process. Because the circular saw blade is angled and so following a line accurately is quite difficult without twisting the blade.
Q: What is the best cordless circular saw for the money?
The Black + Decker BDCCS20C cordless circular saw is the best cordless circular saw for the money according to our research. It is a great tool to have very good quality and features at a very affordable price.
Q: What is the best Dewalt cordless circular saw?
The DeWalt DCS391B is the best Dewalt cordless circular saw right now by far. It is an excellent tool with great quality and durability. Also, it is the best cordless circular saw among all the brands.
Indeed, the circular saw is a must-have in both DIY enthusiasts and professional’s toolbox. Even if you are out of power, it will not stop your DIY projects. Before you make any purchase, you should go through our reviews. All our recommended saws are of good value for your money.
Here is a crucial suggestion for you from our experts. Whenever you go for buying power tools, you should know your requirements first. If you know what you are going to use it for, you can easily pick the right one. We believe that you can make it from our top recommendations.
Here, DeWalt DCS391B is the best by far and if you have heavy-duty to do without any hassle this tool is right for you. But if you want a good quality cheap circular saw, Black + Decker BDCCS20C is a perfect option for you. It is almost half price than the Dewalt one but delivers good quality and performance
Have you found the desired one that offers excellent value for your money? We are waiting for a big ‘YES.’ Has it served your purpose? Share your experience with us in the comment box below. Which one is the best budget circular saw according to you?
Last Updated on March 17, 2021 by John G. Anderson
- 1 Best Budget Cordless circular saws under 150(2021)
- 1.1 5 Best Circular Saw under 150 Reviews: Our Top Picks
- 1.1.1 DEWALT DCS391B Cordless Circular Saw-Most Favorite
- 1.1.2 2. Makita SH02R1 Cordless Circular Saw
- 1.1.3 3. BLACK+DECKER Cordless Circular Saw (BDCCS20C)-Best circular saw under 100
- 1.1.4 4. Ryobi P508 Cordless Brushless Circular Saw
- 1.1.5 5. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 Cordless Circular Saw
- 1.1.6 6. DEWALT DC390B Cordless Circular Saw
- 126.96.36.199 Buying Guide: How to choose the best budget circular saw?
- 188.8.131.52.1 How A Cordless Circular Saw Works?
- 184.108.40.206.2 Corded vs Cordless circular saw: Which One to Choose?
- 220.127.116.11.3 Cordless Circular Saw
- 18.104.22.168.4 Corded Circular Saw
- 22.214.171.124.5 Q: Brushed or Brush-less, which motor is best for a cordless circular saw?
- 126.96.36.199.6 Q: What is a cordless circular saw good for?
- 188.8.131.52.7 Q: Can cordless circular saw be used to cut laminate, stone or metal?
- 184.108.40.206.8 Q: Can I use one company’s batteries on others?
- 220.127.116.11.9 Q: Can I use a cordless circular saw for heavy-duty works?
- 18.104.22.168.10 Q: What are the standard ways to store cordless circular saw?
- 22.214.171.124.11 Q. Can you make a miter cut with a circular saw?
- 126.96.36.199.12 Q: What is the best cordless circular saw for the money?
- 188.8.131.52.13 Q: What is the best Dewalt cordless circular saw?
- 184.108.40.206 Buying Guide: How to choose the best budget circular saw?
- 1.1 5 Best Circular Saw under 150 Reviews: Our Top Picks