How to change a circular saw blade? Well, it is very easy. You just need to follow our steps. But firstly, you need to know the reason for changing a circular saw blade.
Why Need to Change Circular Saw Blade?
The circular saw blade needs to change for a few reasons.
- The blade gets dull or damaged. So you need to replace or sharpen it for the accuracy and efficiency of work. If the cutting takes a long time than usual or a motor makes a sound while straining to cut, your blade becomes dull.
- You need to switch circular saw blades because you are switching from one material to another.
Note: If you want to use your existing circular saw and want to sharpen it. But do not know how to do it, don’t worry. You can visit us on how to sharpen a circular saw blade page.
Example: You need to cut metal but a wood cutting blade is installed in the saw.
Now, If you do not have enough time to read through the whole article, you can follow this youtube video:
How to Change a Circular Saw Blade
We have divided the process into two steps
How to Remove Circular Saw Blade
You need to know how to remove a circular saw blade first. Then you can install another circular saw blade in that saw.
- Firstly, Switch off the Power. Unplug the circular saw from the out if it has a power cord. Remove the battery if it is a battery-powered saw.
Note: Please be careful. Because you are handling it during the charge.
- Before start removing, place the saw on a secure surface. Then remove or pull back the blade guard.
- Now the blade is exposed. Press the arbor lock on the top of the housing. The arbor works as a shaft the blade installs on.
- Rotate the blade until the lock engages and stop turning. If the blade does not have an arbor lock, don’t worry.
- You just need to press the blade into the wooden surface.
Note: Use the same size of the blade that the saw was designed for. Do not try to put the different sizes of blade from the saw was designed for.
Example: Use 10- inch blade on a 10-inch circular saw
- Slot your wrench around the arbor nut. If it is a battery-powered saw, the arbor should have a slot for a hex-wrench. So insert it in that slot.
Note: The perfect wrench for loosening the nut should come with the saw.
- Now you need to rotate the wrench in the same direction that the blade turns. The best wrench should come with the saw when you bought it.
- The direction will be counterclockwise for a direct drive saw and clockwise for a worm drive saw.
- You need to keep the arbor button depressed for unscrewing the nut. If there is no button, pressing the saw down to unscrew it.
How to Install a Circular Saw Blade
- After pulling off the old blade, take a new one. Slide the new blade onto the arbor. Follow the opposite way of how removed the old blade.
Note: Worm drive saws design with a diamond-shaped arbor. You need to make the center out by punching the arbor with a hammer to make the hole the same shape. For doing this lay down the blade flat on two pieces of wood. The center will be hanging over the gap between the wood.
- Put the nut back in place. Tighten the nut with a wrench. Finally, replace the battery or plug the cord and test it. Check everything once more and start working.
Note: Do not over tighten the nut. Because it is difficult to remove. The nut tends to tighten further while cutting.
Related products will need:
After following all the steps, you should know how to change a circular saw blade. Actually, it is an easy process. You will find it very easy after doing it a few times. If you are using a cordless circular saw or standard or mini, the process remains almost the same. Also, we have reviewed the best circular saw blades. You should visit it to find out the best circular saw blade for your work. Thank you so much for visiting our site. Take care.
How to use a circular saw blade: Click here
Table of Contents