A reciprocating saw also known as a receptacle saw is a powerful tool, and if you’re trying to cut straight into your project, then it’s a predominant tool for this precision. However, it’s mandatory to pay full attention while working with this tool. Let’s learn to cut straight with the reciprocating saw. Are you excited? Well, there are some steps to follow along with some amazing tricks. Let’s hear them out.
|DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Reciprocating Saw, Compact, Tool Only...||9,224 Reviews||Check Price on Amazon|
Necessary Tools and Features for Cutting a Straight Line with a Reciprocating Saw:
Well, you have already learned that a reciprocating saw uses more power than precision. So, you can’t have this precise performance so easily. But if you follow some tips, you can perform this hard task easily and carefully. So, along with tools, some important features help to get precise work. Let’s learn about them.
This feature allows you to hold the machine tight and still get a lot of vibration from cutting. So, you should hold the still for a perfect result.
A blade clamp allows you to use them in a different direction precisely. It works as a guide toward the cutting line. You can use your blade with precise movement in several directions. The popular one contains 4 adjustable positions.
It is another great piece of equipment that helps to get a precise cut on all types of surfaces. If there is an uneven surface, then it helps to cut through them without getting any block.
It would be much better if you have a speed controller in your reciprocating saw. Depending on the material and shape, you have to control different speed limits for a precise cut. A limiter will help to control that without any extra effort.
LED light and marking:
There are some digital features available in the market. And one of them is LED light. It helps to work with less light. Besides, a LED marking helps you follow the line marking and track for a nice and clean cut.
As you know, a reciprocating saw means working with power and cutting off any type of material. So, it is not perfectly suitable to get precise performance.
But, if you want to get precise performance with some tricks, you must have sharp and exclusive blades. Regular blades will not do the job as they don’t do clean cuts. So, get a sharp blade as much as you can afford for the best possible result.
|BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* Cordless Reciprocating Saw Kit...||8,427 Reviews||Check Price on Amazon|
How to Cut Straight with A Reciprocating Saw Guide:
Cutting straight lines with a reciprocating saw is very simple. There are two types of cutting styles that can happen. Either horizontal or vertical. Let’s learn about them.
If you are looking for a horizontal cut, then follow the given steps.
- First, lock the board with clamps tightly on a fence rail to not move or vibrate too much.
- Measure all the equipment you are going to use and ensure that all the markings are good enough. You have to make sure that the cutting line and additional equipment, line with a different color.
- Set up the pivoting shoe head perfectly and roll it over to see if there is an uneven surface. Then, take it to the first position and set up nicely for the final work.
- A flat edge foot will help to get the cut without missing the marking. Even if there are some misses, it will automatically help to control the line.
- Don’t put too much pressure, just enough to let the machine go. More pressure can create more vibration.
Vertical cutting is not much of a different work than horizontal cutting. But if you want to do both cuttings simultaneously, you have some extra works to do.
- Mount the board with screws rather than a fence rail. It will help to change position any time much easier.
- You have to mark all the extra measurements with a different color to not mix up together.
- Measure the working board if it is suitable to clamp the wood or material for both positions.
|Milwaukee Electric Tool 49-22-1129 Sawzall Reciprocating Saw...||5,595 Reviews||Check Price on Amazon|
As it is a heavy job, you must follow some safety guidelines to avoid any accidents. We’ve included some safety features that you should follow.
- The blades of a reciprocating saw are very powerful, and if you don’t want any unpleasant accident, you must be careful during working hours. Otherwise, you might get injured severely.
- Always plug off before removing or changing blades.
- Always wear safety google, or there is a chance to get permanent eye damage.
- During working, pull off the blade gently from the plank. Haste work may damage to the wood piece.
- Wear protective gloves as the machine and blades get pretty hot during the work time. Don’t touch them suddenly and wait for them to cool down first.
How to cut PVC pipe straight with Sawzall?
So, we’ve reached the final line of our detailed guide. And I’m pretty sure that you know how to cut straight with a reciprocating saw. No one can ignore that a reciprocating saw is a great tool to cut straight when your project requires it.
But there’re some precautions and safety tips that you should follow to avoid any unpleasant incidents. Concentrate on the work for the best and most precise result.
Which one is the best air reciprocating saw?
Find out the best pruning blade for a reciprocating saw
Last Updated on January 31, 2022 by John G. Anderson