Are you facing problems with handling your new portable band saw? Don’t worry, we are here to help you. As we know, a portable band saw is a cordless tool that is used for cutting plastic, wood, or metal. But most of the new users don’t know how to use it or about the portable band saw uses. Keeping in mind that, in this article, we are going to tell you how to use a portable band saw, and about its uses. Let’s dive into the deep.
How to use a portable band saw
Before handling a portable band saw, you should know – how to use a portable band saw. This is not a difficult task at all. Here we are going to discuss 11 steps regarding a portable band saw to make things easier. Let’s have a look.
- Steps 1: Choose a portable bandsaw that is suitable for your work. To do this, you need to know about its capacity. You must check whether its throat is fitted with the stock or material you are going to cut. You should keep in mind that a large capacity portable bandsaw can cope with 6 inches. On the other hand, a standard bandsaw can cut 4 inches of diameter. Also, you need to find the best portable band saw blade.
The power source is another factor to think about before buying it. Try to choose a durable battery-powered saw that can go for a long time.
- Steps 2: You should be well acquainted with the tool. Gather knowledge about a trigger switch, drills, circular saws, and speed selector.
- Steps 3: While operating, hold the two handles located on each end to hold and guide the tool perfectly. Tracking adjustment is another thing you should know that helps to adjust the path of the blade travels. The tension control lever helps you to release tension while installing a new blade. The tension release handle helps you change the blade easily and quickly. Similarly, Guide rollers engage in cutting your material. On the other hand, cutting shoe supports the saw to offset the drag of the teeth of the blades.
- Steps 4: Go through the operator’s manual to be familiar with the unique characteristics of you saw.
- Steps 5: Put on gloves and safety glasses for using the tools to get caught easily in the moving blade.
- Steps 6: While cutting a thing, support loose material such as using a vice or having a helper to catch a circled pipe or bar.
- Steps 7: To cut at the correct angle, you should mark the pipe for better finishing.
- Steps 8: Check whether the blade is paralleled to cut the marking line and to do this you need to place the saw blade against the stock.
- Steps 9: Squeeze the trigger and start the saw; then allow it to cut through the stock.
- Steps 10: Check carefully if the blade aligns with your marking. Be careful about the bending of the blade.
- Steps 11: Finally, you need to release the trigger, and before completing the task, you have to quit the blade to move before sitting down the saw.
- Always wear gloves and eye protector before cutting heavy metal or anything which can cause damage to you.
- Must unplug the saw before the change or replace the blade.
- Portable bandsaws are very powerful and can cut almost anything that comes across.
Portable band saw uses:
What is a portable band saw used for?
A portable band saw has become a familiar tool for many design-lovers. Therefore, here we want to show you the portable band saw uses means where you can use the tools. Let’s go
For light industry and Residential Purposes
In many light industries and workshops of residential basements and garages, you can use portable bandsaws to cut plastic, metal, and wood. There are varieties of blades for woods, plastics, and metals.
Most commercial and residential bandsaws are used for making cabinet stands and benches. So, portable or cordless models are becoming common to the building contractors in recent decades.
Milwaukee portable band saw is one of the best saws liked by the users. It is a deep cut bandsaw having easy to handle and easy to use features. Similarly, this product is highly durable. So, the new users who want to buy a portable band saw can buy and use it for your daily purposes.
For Cutting Meat
Presently, the portable band saws are used widely for cutting meat. They are constructed with stainless steel having easy to clean features. The blades of these products are made of fine heat-treated tips teeth and scalloped or plain knife-edges.
For Machine and Metal Fabrication Shops
The portable metal cutting band saw is used for cutting industrial metal, for example, in fabrication shops for structural steel, in machine shops for bar stock because they are good for horizontal and vertical designs.
If you want to buy any, you can try with Dewalt portable band saw having a speed range from 40-ft/minutes to 5000-ft/minutes. This is the best portable metal bandsaw according to us. But if you want to use it for friction cutting made with hard metals, you can try for some other specialized band saws.
The band saws for cutting metals include brushes or brush-wheels for clips not to fix in between the teeth of the blades. On the other hand, people use horizontal bandsaws for cutting pipe and bar stock.
For Cutting Timber
The owner of the timber mills is also using portable band saws to cutting small timber logs because they are inexpensive and can be used by one or two people.
The craftsmen and artisans are also using these portable band saws for their daily purposes especially for making design, finishing, or cutting small sized-woods. But the types of band saws vary with the size and types of works.
Various types of band saws:
- Portable headband saws: Portable headband saws are large band saws for using to initial cuts in a log. They include two to three in tooth space on the cutting edge and having silver teeth on the back.
- Portable re-saws: It is used for cutting timber and to reduce larger sections into smaller ones. It includes a small kerf for minimizing waste.
- Portable double-cut saws: It includes cutting teeth on both sides. They are very large, almost similar to a head saw.
1. What is a portable band saw?
Ans: A portable band saw is a cordless tool that is used for cutting plastic, wood, or metal. It is useful to work without electricity.
2. What are the portable band saw uses?
Ans: The portable band saw is used in light industry and Residential Purposes, cutting meat, machine, and metal fabrication shops, cutting timber, and so on.
3.What is the best portable band saw on the market?
Ans: There are many portable band saws on the market. But to us, the Milwaukee portable band saw and the Dewalt portable band saw are the best.
The Final Verdict
What do you think after reading the article? Do you have your answers finally? We hope that we have been successful to make your idea clear about how to use a portable band saw and portable band saw uses. If you want to buy a new portable band saw, you can try our recommended band saws. We guarantee that after buying it, you will not regret it because we always provide our visitors with the best gift on earth.
Table of Contents